Originally titled ‘101 Online Video Stats to Make Your Eyes Glaze Over,’ this article is a great overview of the state of online video. A few examples to ponder as you produce your next big flick:
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in 60 days than the 3 major U.S. networks produced in 60 years.
- Roughly 66% of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2014.
- 82.5% of the U.S. Internet audience viewed a video online.
- 65% of U.S. executives surveyed by Forbes in October 2010 visit a vendor’s website after viewing a work-related online video.
- 55% of online retailers used video on product pages in 2009 but this technique increased to 73% of retailers in 2010.
- consumers who watch product videos are 85% more likely to buy products compared to those who do not watch.
More information is here.