Instagram is a “fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures.” Everyone loves taking photos and the advancement of cell phone technology has put a decent camera in almost every pocket or purse. Instagram takes photography a step further. When you open the app and press Share, you can snap a photo or choose one stored on your iPhone gallery. Then you can apply one of 17 filters with names such as “Earlybird” and “Inkwell.” These are variations on making your photos look like they were taken with a cheap Polaroid camera in the 1970s. Once you’ve transformed your photo you can either save it or send to Facebook, Twitter or Flickr.
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders such as XPro-II, Earlybird, Rise, Amaro, Hudson, Lomo-fi, Sutro, Toaster, Brannan, Inkwell, Walden, Hefe, Nashville, 1977, and others.
- Linear and Radial Tilt-Shift blur effects for extra depth of field.
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Foursquare, and Posterous
- Unlimited uploads
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with first generation, 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4
- Full iPhone 4 front & back camera support
Instagram is free from the App Store.