I have an old Kodak movie camera I’ve been trying to get some film for so I can create some footage with that old movie film look. It’s not easy to come by so in the meantime I downloaded the 8mm Vintage Camera app.
8mm is easy to use and adds some fun to recording videos. It has 6 ‘lenses bundled’ – Super 8, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, and Color Fringing as well as 7 film types – grainy, discolored, dusted and aged films from different eras – 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Sien. It does a decent job of recreating those old movie effects.
- Record movies with retro effects in real time.
- Supports 720P HD video recording on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4 (iOS 5 required).
- Apply effects to existing videos.
- Swap lenses and films at any time.
- Trigger frame jitter during recording.
- Turn on/off flash on supported devices.
- Switch between front and back cameras on supported devices.
- Tap to focus and adjust exposure.
- Export options: Save to Camera Roll, email, or share on YouTube and Facebook.
- Support video geo-tagging when location service is on.
8mm is $1.99 from the App Store.