[li]There are no rules if whatever it is you’re doing is working.[/li]
- 1. Are you taking the way people talk? Be human.
- 2. Don’t market to or talk down to people.
- 3. People use social media for themselves, not for you.
- 4. Be clever but don’t try to hard.
- 5. It’s a 24/7 job.
- 6. Always respond to people.
- 7. Offer to solve problems for people. Give everyone a reason for interacting with you.
- 8. Not everything works. Keep trying and keep learning.
- 9. Don’t be in a vacuum. Make your social media plan a part of your traditional plan.
- 10. Update your page or delete it!
- 11. Make people jump through hoops and the second one probably will be the last.
- 12. Protect your users privacy like its your own.
- 13. Be mobile friendly.
- 14. If you’re bored it’s because you’re trying to get more out of it than you contribute.
- 15. Your brand isn’t owned by you it’s owned by your followers.
- 16. People don’t shop where they socialize.
- 17. Be consistent.
- 18. Invest and be patient.
- 19. Know when to sell and more importantly when not too.
- 20. Be polite, be courteous, introduce yourself.
- 21. Treat people how you would like to be treated.
- 22. There’s more. Lots more. Feel free to share some in the comments below.