I downloaded it last night and sure enough spent hours using it. F18 Carrier Landing is a lot of fun especially on an iPad. The controls are pretty basic: throttle, speed brakes, gear up/down and attitude/roll control. No missiles 🙁
There are a few missions in various weather conditions and aircraft types for you to complete. Missions include land based landings as well as the harder carrier attempt. I only succeeded in landing once on the carrier so far but am getting better.
- Multi-camera replay function.
- Missions: Gameplay Engine with six different missions.
- Enjoy Start your flight from carrier, learn to land on the ground airbase, go for patrol and photo reconnaissance.
- Carrier/Airbase landing with advanced weather conditions settings (wind, rain, fog) and different scenarios (day, dawn, overcast, night).
- Comprehensive Tutorials.
- Free flight mode.
- Multi-touch controls.
- F/A-18 Hornet, F-14 Tomcat and C-2A Greyhound cockpit view mode.
- I.F.L.O.L.S. approaching system.
- Controls Simulation mode.
There’s just enough here to make it fun without making it overly complicated. F18 Carrier Landing is $1.99 at the App Store.