We’re heading to Vegas soon and seeing as this will be the first trip for us a travel app to help get the most out of it is a must. I checked around and downloaded a few but one app in particular really stood out. Viva Las Vegas, Baby! Viva is a world apart from most of travel apps out there. It wasn’t put together by a travel agency, a city, or a government so it mentions not only the good but the bad as well. I wish every travel app was like this.
Viva Las Vegas, Baby! is put together by popular travel guidebook author, journalist, blogger and die-hard poker player Sara Benson. She has written about Vegas for National Geographic Traveler, the LA Times, Lonely Planet, the BBC and the UK Telegraph and Guardian.
- EXPERT travel advice – Use the comments feature to ask the Vegas expert any question you want! Get a personal response within 24 hours.
- UP-TO-DATE content – In-depth, opinionated reviews.
- MAPS & MENUS – Offline casino maps & restaurant menus.
- DEALS – Money-saving tips that other apps miss.
- SURVIVAL details – Exactly how much everything costs, opening hours, dress codes and taxi fares.
- MORE than just casino hotels & resorts – Unlock the city most tourists don’t see.
- Avoid tourist traps with honest, straight-to-the-point, independent editorial reviews.
- Browse 625 hand-picked entries including casinos, hotels, restaurants, bars, clubs, shows, shops, spas, attractions & tours.
- View more than 3700 photographs & videos, to give you a sneak peek before you arrive.
- Easily sort reviews by category, name, average price, distance or neighbourhood.
- Know what’s going on with our calendar of events.
Also the “Travel Tips” sections give you practical advice on navigating casinos, scoring discounts & deals, avoiding tourist traps, finding restaurants & happy hours, making the most of the city’s nightlife, and even getting married! Where and what to avoid, what not to miss, how to pack in a 24-hour stay, etc.
Viva Las Vegas, Baby! is not only the go to app for a visit to Las Vegas, it sets a standard every travel app should follow. We’re all ready to go and excited for out trip.