This is our local centre. They have been incredibly supportive of us and our family. Find yours and give.
The Avalon Sexual Assault Centre is a non-profit organization that provides services for those affected by sexualized violence, with primary emphasis on support, education, counselling, and leadership/advocacy. We hope you’ll choose to support the Avalon Sexual Assault Centre and here’s why:
- Nova Scotia has one of the highest rates of sexual assault per capita in Canada.
- Avalon is the only sexual assault centre in HRM.
- Women and trans* individuals are waiting up to 5 months for therapeutic counselling.
- There is a need to expand the time frame for response and services provided by the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program after immediate sexual assault/abuse.
- Avalon Centre is unable to meet the growing demand for public education/professional training that many workplaces, communities, and schools are requiring.
Avalon Sexual Assault Centre is asking for your support Our goal is to raise $5,000 on Dec. 1 ‘Giving Tuesday’. You can become a Friend of Avalon by:
- Providing a personal ‘Giving Tuesday’ donation on Dec. 1,
- Coordinating a workplace donation or fundraiser on Dec. 1,
- Committing your organization to supporting Avalon in the future.
When you financially support Avalon Sexual Assault Centre you are supporting victims/survivors who access and benefit from our services, programs, and resources. You are sending the message that you Start By Believing.
Donations can be made at https://www.canadahelps.org/giv3/27934.