The LifeLine is “Canada’s National Suicide Prevention and Awareness App.” Lifeline offers access and guidance to support for those suffering in crisis and those who have suffered the devastating loss of a loved one from suicide.
Lifeline Canada Foundation CEO Liane Weber says the app “… is being expanded along with the website and then translating all content into french for the french app and french website, to work at having The LifeLine app poster in middle schools to university classrooms across our country.”
“The app has been successful and downloaded thousands of times in Canada, U.S. and all across the globe. I have heard from many how it has helped and am aware personally of several suicides that have been avoided because of the app. There is still much more to do and much more awareness of the app is needed across Canada. Thank you for recommending the app. I am always open to any thoughts and feedback to make everything we do better and more effective.”
The LifeLine App is available for download on both iTunes and Google Play App Store and has several main goals;
- One touch dialling anywhere in Canada and the U.S.
- Fast and easy access to crisis centres all across Canada
- Connect someone in crisis with the support and guidance they need 247
- Aid in suicide prevention
- Build suicide awareness
- Help guide loved ones left behind after a suicide
- Canadian, U.S. and Global Online Chat, text and email crisis help access
- International Crisis Lines
- Canadian, U.S. and Global Online Resources